How long has it been since I had a dream? Wow! I remember a time when I held so many dreams in my hands. In fact, I remember dreaming, waking up excited, sharing my dream, and then beginning to plan with God's help in order to make that dream become a reality. Yet, life happened.
Ever notice that when you have a dream, opposition for that dream comes from a multitude of places? From where does most of your opposition derive?
Well, the first battle in maintaining a dream alive begins in your mind. The devil has a mine-field set up in your mind, when you give him a footstool in your day to day living. The devil and his cohorts begin throwing thoughts in your mind against your dream. Not only do we face opposition from the devil and his cohorts, we also encounter opposition from our well-meaning friends and family, and from life itself.
However, you have to hold-fast to what God has spoken; hold-fast to your dream!
Hebrews 10:23 tells us to hold-fast to the hope we confess, for the one who made the promise is trustworthy. Hold fast is to hold unwaveringly; it literally means to sit on your dream and don't let it escape. Don't let it out of your hands regardless. Understand that opposition is going to come. Understand that you will face many voices from different places. Understand that it may not be an easy road to travel. However, if God gave you the dream, then hold on to the hope because He will make it happen.
Do not give play to the enemy in your mind! Do not allow well-meaning friends and family to drown out the loud thunderous excitement of your dream! Do not allow life's situations to determine the completion of your dream!
Yes, there was a time in my life when I had many dreams. I was pregnant with hope because of those dreams; yet, life came in with the swiftness of a tornado and destroyed the possibilities of such dreams ever coming to fruition in my life.
Nevertheless, it is ultimately my choice if I am going to allow life's circumstances to alter what I know God has spoken over my life. If there is one thing I have come to understand, it is that while there is breath in my life, there is hope of those dreams coming to pass. I must hold on with every fiber of my being to the words which God has spoken to me and understand that if HE said HE will do it!
Congratulations Lissie....I'm so happy you started this blog! And what a very appropriate topic to set it off with….DREAMS! When we’re little kids it’s so easy to dream about the future. The world is full of sorts of wonderful and exciting possibilities for us. What happens to that excitement and passion to us as we get older? I think we need to dream big for ourselves again…get happy and excited and expect great things for our lives. I hold strong to my dreams ….praying and believing that they are dreams given to me as a promise and with a purpose…and I will trust in my Heavenly Father that my dreams will be reality…soon! I know that writing has always been a passion and a dream of yours….I’m excited that this blog is just the beginning of many more dreams that will come to fruition for you! God Bless you! xoxox
ReplyDeleteP.S. I get you! ;-)
LOL!! You do get me! Which is what I love about having you as a bestie in my life! God really knows how to align people together in life, if we allow HIM to lead us.
ReplyDeleteWhat I find completely amaizing about dreams is that God gives us the dream, and then HE leads through the fullfillment of those dreams; all we have to do is hold steadfast, follow where HIS spirit guides us, obey, and trust. Sounds pretty easy, yet me overcomplicate it!
I am so glad this blog is a blessing to you; I hope to continue to write, as one of the dreams God gave me was to be a writer.
Hey, congrats on your new blog.
ReplyDeleteI once (also) had a dream to be a writer, but my own "busy schedule" got in the way of taking the time to actually write! Yes, we should hold on to the promises God has spoken for our lives, but a part of making our dreams come true is to take action. The same goes with how people want/need a job, have a resume, but aren't REALLY working to achieve that mini goal. Although we must have faith in Him, we also have to get the ball rolling and do our humanly possible part.
I don't share my dreams with everyone because some may snicker, others may doubt and that starts weighing heavy on ones confidence & stride. But I will say my plans are not to be a stay-at-home mom only. I have dreamed the impossible, but it won't happen unless I start doing what I physically can now. All it takes is the right choice in the right direction. There are opportunities offered daily for us. What are we doing to position ourselves at precisely the perfect spot at exactly the right time for when that door does open?
x0, D