This cycle has caused a problem within my emotions. The issue is this rollercoaster of events create fluctuating emotions which cause me to have spurts of ups and downs. These fluctuating emotions cause me to live a life that is unstable, dictated by my emotions.
Yet, if I understand the word of God correctly, I am instructed to possess the joy of the Lord. How can I truly demonstrate the joy of the Lord if I am constantly at war with my emotions? How can I be joyous when life dictates I should be sad? Should I only be joyous when life is going well or circumstance are working as I desire? Absolutely not!
The Psalmist shares that in every situation, we can have joy. Psalms 28:7 advises me that God is my strength, and my heart is filled with joy because I know God helps me! Psalms 13:5 informs me that God's unfailing love is just cause for me to be joyous. Psalms 33:21 reminds me that I rejoice as I trust in God. There are so many reminders encouraging us to be joyous, yet so many times we are not.
Why?
I find the answer is in our focus. Yes! It is imperative for us all to have goals and to work to accomplish these goals. However, it is extremely important that we always be focused. Focused on what? Therein lies the real question.
If your focus is on moving targets, then your walk will always fluctuate. However, if you have one clear focus, a constant strength, a constant force, a constant friend, you will have a constant joy!
I encourage you today to check your focus. Your outlook determines your destination. If you are focused on the wrong object, you will end up in the wrong place. Ensure that your focus is God. If God is your focus, then you will find constant joy in all you do. You begin to understand that God is your refuge, your strength, your hope, your all in all. Once your focus is correct, you find life is a lot easier to bear, creating a more joyous adventure.
Come! Let's celebrate this life and remember that the God of peace and joy is our center! God is our focus!
No comments:
Post a Comment