Incredibly, I have a simple command; Psalms 37:4 tells me to delight in the Lord and HE will give me the desires of my heart. However, doesn't it seem like we spend more time worrying about life than actually enjoying it?? How do I delight myself in the Lord when I am too busy trying to be the Lord of my life? This command is truly an impossible feat if I am not ensuring I cast all my cares upon the Lord (Psalms 55:22).
Recently, I realized just how difficult it can be to delight myself in the Lord. Although the word tells me God provides me with a peace that is beyond my comprehension and he is my joy, I learned these are merely words if I am lacking a very important component. See I cannot delight myself in someone I do not trust. This, at the very root, is the main problem which keeps so many of us tied to working the countless overtime in our jobs. At the very core, this issue is what ensures so many of us work ourselves into an early grave. When I cannot trust the very creator of heaven and earth supplies my needs and takes care of me, then I am unable to enjoy his presence. I am unable to allow him to take care of providing my needs and fulfilling my desires. At some point on the road towards maturity I have deceived myself into thinking I possess all the answers and solutions for my everyday life.
What a common misconception it is to live a life where we think we are able to make it on our own!! God never called me to be alone. He called me to collaborate and ensure that His purpose is established. So, when I think about wanting to ensure the purpose God set within me is accomplished, I must remember that this has nothing to do with me, but is has always been and will continue to be about Him. He is in charge. He will provide. He will make the way. I just follow and enjoy the ride; hence, I delight myself in Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment